CREATING A SPACE FOR ALL TEENAGERS TO BECOME MORE WHOLE, BELONG IN COMMUNITY & PARTICIPATE IN THE PEACEMAKING WAY OF JESUS
What we do as the Bend Youth Collective:
- Embody the inclusive love of God by providing space for all Students to feel accepted and included in community. BYC seeks to be a sanctuary for every teenager.
- Empower Students to build meaningful relationships with self, others, and God. In BYC teenagers experience a community that deeply seeks and values authenticity and support.
- Equip Students with tools and experiences to balance mind, body, and soul. Teenagers will be accompanied by one another and adults as they discover their own faith journey.
- Create opportunities for students to be immersed in the stories of the world, and as a result of their experience, participate in peacemaking and social justice.
- Empower adults to build meaningful relationships with teenagers. Parents, teachers, coaches, and volunteers receive support, training, and resources to better understand adolescence.
- Is rooted in the way of Jesus: we understand the gospel to be radically inclusive, loving, and peacemaking. As we embody this inclusive love of God, we participate with the Spirit in the healing and restoration of all things... with teenagers.